Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
windcaller
Reel Rookie

Can not change email on account details

Jump to solution

Changing email from  *****@keemail.me   to   *****@ proton.me (I put in my password) and this is what I get

"The email address entered is already associated with an account. Please use another."

This is another distinctive email address and for some reason RoKu Account is not recognizing it and thinking it is the same email address.  Do I have to spend hours making a new account?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can not change email on account details

Jump to solution

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @windcaller.

We understand that you are having difficulty updating your email address on your Roku Account, and we are here to provide assistance. 

If you are experiencing account issues, it would be most effective to seek assistance from our dedicated team. You can reach out to them directly through our Accounts and Billing Support. Once there, please select the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions," as they are best equipped to provide you with the assistance you need regarding this matter.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have other concerns.

Best wishes,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Are you certain that you or someone else never used that email address for a Roku account?  Try logging in at https://my.roku.com using the new email address and if you can't remember the password, use the "Forgot password" option.  If there's already a Roku account associated with that email address, you'll get a "reset password" email.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @windcaller.

We understand that you are having difficulty updating your email address on your Roku Account, and we are here to provide assistance. 

If you are experiencing account issues, it would be most effective to seek assistance from our dedicated team. You can reach out to them directly through our Accounts and Billing Support. Once there, please select the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions," as they are best equipped to provide you with the assistance you need regarding this matter.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have other concerns.

Best wishes,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos