Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdaughen

Acorn login thru roku is not working

I signed up to acorn tv thru roku using my roku account.  I then tried to get on acorntv channel and it asked for a username/password and it specifically said to use the roku login credentials. I then typed in my username/password and it gave me this error:  An error occurred when try to sign in: Not Found Please verify your email and password and try again later. 1033-404000-000

I have tried multiple times, and even waited until the next day.  Some folks on the community forum in old post to remove the acorn tv channel from roku and re-install it.  I do not have that option when pushing the asterisk button the roku remote when highlighting the channel. Other channels give me that option. I assume Roku has that channel unremovable. 

Please cancel my subscription to acorn thru roku and refund the $6.99. Once completed , I will then create an account on acorn-tv directly and watch thru roku.

Sincerely,

Glenn

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Acorn login thru roku is not working

Hi @gdaughen 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. 

Moreover, if you need help with the charge, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Let us know if you need more help!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
EllenS
Reel Rookie

That was an unhelpful answer from @RokuKariza-D .  I'm having a similar problem: I had a subscription directly through AcornTV.  When it expired, an option to renew through Roku popped up. In the interest of convenience (haha) I renewed--monthly, thank God because at least I'm not out $69. My credit card was charged immediately but two days later I can't access the Acorn shows. My error message says

An error occurred when try to sign in: Unauthorized
     Please verify your email and password and try again later. 

Like @gdaughen I'm stuck. If I try to access AcornTV on the Home screen, it tells me to sign in using my Roku credentials, and then I get the message above. If I delete the channel, system restart the Roku, add the channel, I get the same thing.  If I go to AcornTV inside the Roku channel It just invites me to try a 7 day free trial,  I can watch some things, not others. I'd rather have my subscription honored than have to fight to get my money back.  I would want not just a refund, but also to have Roku get out of the way so I can subscribe again directly through Acorn. I am suspicious that Acorn will continue to think I'm subscribed through Roku (because that's what you folks told them) and not let me subscribe through them until my current (worthless) subscription expires.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @EllenS

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

It may be more effective to seek assistance from our Billing team for account and billing issues. You can contact them here  and then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the most qualified to assist you in this matter.

Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

Regards, 
Karla

0 Kudos
TerryLMcM
Reel Rookie

Why is it every month on the 8th, I can't watch Acorn because it says I don't have a subscription. It tells me to select a subscription (either monthly or yearly). But then when I select one, it says I already have a subscription!

I've been on auto renewal for about 2 years.  I shouldn't have to go through this every month!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @TerryLMcM

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize to hear about your experience. We are unable to assist in the Roku Online Community with most billing and account concerns, the folks in customer support will be able to help you by phone or by live chat. You can contact them here: http://support.roku.com/contactus. 

Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
bookshop
Reel Rookie

having this same problem, it's very frustrating. I basically just wasted my free month signup because Acorn won't let me log in except through Roku, and then when I try to log in through Roku, it says "unauthorized."

I can't see any way around this problem after several attempts on different days to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos