Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL 8 Series, Roku TV, CEC, EARC "Inactive" Issue...

Hi @Rjreiffer8640,

Thanks for the response!

Please note that we have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

Now I purchased an eARC-HDMI converter that supports 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1 sound and hooked it up and once again NOTHING. The device did detect 2.0 interface but even going to the System CEC it can't find this device and I brought this device to my other (LG) TV and the LG sees this converter with NO ISSUE. Now I have attached two screen shots. ANYTIME you try to select eARC (HDMI1) the output reverts to Optical when viewed under "Auto". If I select TV Speakers then the Auto says "TV Speakers". Bottom line it is a BAD Roku interface or software on this unit.Initial SettingInitial SettingWhat Auto showsWhat Auto shows
Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

Here is the info you wantedRoku Pict 3.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rjreiffer8640,

Thank you for the additional information!

Currently, our appropriate Roku team is still investigating this issue. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this community thread.

Your patience and understanding on this issue are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

John, what is the average time that it takes for Roku support to address these issues?  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rjreiffer8640,

Thank you for the post!
Please be advised that we don't have a specific time frame. Rest assured that we will follow up on this with our team. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this community thread.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and patience.
Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

It's too bad that Roku really doesn't seem to care about anything unless it's there product.   It's now been over two weeks without ANY REAL response from Roku.  Maybe it is time to start looking at other platforms.

derebk
Reel Rookie

No kidding. I have the same issue trying to connect my 8 series to a Vizio soundbar and have been waiting for an update from Roku.  It is so disappointing that we can’t get any answers. Looks like it is time to get a new non-Roku TV. 

Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

It is now a month and ZERO update from Roku, they just don’t care anymore 

0 Kudos
8ohms
Binge Watcher

It seems like they really don't care. But that's nothing new. I have since then purchased another TCL TV. A 65Q750G model and I am still having some issues with the eARC connection and my Sony Receiver. eARC was never properly implemented between the different electronic manufacturers. And now it's us, the consumers that have to deal with the bugs in this system. It's a great feature but it's flawed.