Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThisishT
Streaming Star

How to remove the Paramount+ on the Roku Channel app NOT the standalone Paramount+ app.

Jump to solution

I do not see an option to remove the Paramount+ on the Roku Channel app. There is an option to "Manage subscription" which I chose not to renew and that has expired as of 04/30/2024 however I cannot remove this channel from my device. I asked a Roku chat agent about this option and the agent states "I am sorry, but we do not have the option to remove Paramount+ under the Roku channel app. You can only remove channels that stand alone or channels that are not under the Roku channel app". WOW with today's technology and Roku has no way to remove this channel app from my device. Roku included a way to introduce "PAID" adds to my device and other Roku modified device settings that Roku automatically added and then automatically removed from my device. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to remove the Paramount+ on the Roku Channel app NOT the standalone Paramount+ app.

Jump to solution

Hi @ThisishT,

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for contacting our support about removing the Paramount channel. Please be advised that there's no option to remove the channel inside TRC (The Roku Channel). If you aim to cancel the subscription, you can manage the subscription and select Turn off auto-renew.

All subscriptions are auto-renewed. You must turn off auto-renew to cancel your subscription before your next billing period begins. No partial-term refunds are provided. Free subscription trials must be canceled before the free trial period ends to avoid recurring subscription charges. For more detailed information, you can visit our support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel subscriptions.

Hope you'll find this helpful info. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Many thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to remove the Paramount+ on the Roku Channel app NOT the standalone Paramount+ app.

Jump to solution

I have been charged  twice for Paramount. Kindly credit me $5.99.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am due a $5.99 credit for being charged TWICE

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ThisishT,

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for contacting our support about removing the Paramount channel. Please be advised that there's no option to remove the channel inside TRC (The Roku Channel). If you aim to cancel the subscription, you can manage the subscription and select Turn off auto-renew.

All subscriptions are auto-renewed. You must turn off auto-renew to cancel your subscription before your next billing period begins. No partial-term refunds are provided. Free subscription trials must be canceled before the free trial period ends to avoid recurring subscription charges. For more detailed information, you can visit our support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel subscriptions.

Hope you'll find this helpful info. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Many thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate you contacting us here in the Roku Community, @cmsealbeach!

We're so sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced! Our team is eager to help and make things right for you immediately.

If you have any refund-related concerns, there's no need to worry. Our accounts and billing team is here to assist you and find the best possible solution. For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our Roku support team. Choose the "Account, Payments, and Subscriptions" option for detailed assistance.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jhara

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThisishT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

FYI (TRC) The Roku Channel does have an option to remove the channel inside the Paramount+ on The Roku Channel app. I had selected the manage the subscription and turn off auto-renew option that is associated with the Paramount+ on The Roku Channel app several days prior to my next billing period with the expiration date being (04/30/2024) however the Paramount+ on The Roku Channel app did not offer the "Remove Channel" option at that time. I was able to continue to use the channel until the subscription had fully expired. I was as a matter of fact able to remove the Paramount+ on The Roku Channel app on 05/01/2024.