Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Insecure 2FA why do you do this Roku?

Your decision to force us to have an email sent to us rather than letting us use a app is no more secure than having a text sent to our phone which is not secure at all. why do you do this?

Please let us use an app for this.

I'm highly disappointed it took you so long to give us any form of 2FA and you choose only this method.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Insecure 2FA why do you do this Roku?

If you want, you can disable the 2FA in your account settings on the Roku site. It's at the bottom of the Account info screen.

https://my.roku.com/account/edit 

0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

I know how to disable it thanks. I want them to give us a better implementation than something that sends a token to my email which is no more secure than sending to a phone number.

you know the ones that let you scan a bar code to get it into your phone or other device with a 2FA app?

I stand by what I said. what they chose is not secure and turning this one off only removes an annoyance.

0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

wow no response from Roku at all. nice to see you really want your customers to be secure using insecure methods
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.