Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
killo
Reel Rookie

internet connection lost to roku ultra-error 014.40

lost connection to roku ultra. lap top and phone are connected. have done all the reboots etc. When trying to set up a new connection-a password is required. What password? Have tried ISP, roku and net gear. passwords Nothing working. any ideas? what password?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: internet connection lost to roku ultra-error 014.40

I would guess it's asking for your Wi-Fi password and the 014.40 error is an indication that you're using the wrong one.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
killo
Reel Rookie

thanks renojim. are you saying use the router password?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Well, the router may have a password for logging into it to change its settings as well as a Wi-Fi password which is probably different.  If your router came from your ISP it may have the passwords displayed separately on a sticker on the router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
killo
Reel Rookie

thanks again. will check router labels for a password.

0 Kudos
killo
Reel Rookie

well, it was router password issue. I had set  a nighthawk account after installation and changed the password provided. that one was not working. When checking net gear properties on the wi fi setting on my phone, there was the orginal password provided at installation. Used that for roku log in and regained my internet connection. Guess everybody has that but site says it is secure. Do not want to go down that rabbit hole again by changing it. Found nighthawk website difficult. thanks for the help.

0 Kudos