Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidneys22
Reel Rookie

how to add another device to the hisence roku tv

I'm having alot of trouble connecting another Device to Hotspot

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: how to add another device to the hisence roku tv

Can you elaborate please. This isn’t Hisense support. So you own a Hisense Roku TV and want to add a device to it? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Sidneys22 wrote:

I'm having alot of trouble connecting another Device to Hotspot

You mean plugging something into the HDMI port doesn't work? If you would elaborate on what you are actually trying to do, we may be able to help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Sidneys22
Reel Rookie

Yes I had mine set up to it but I'm trying To add my girlfriends to it but it won't connect To the internet I've tried Everything i could think of but it says wireless connection but no internet

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Sidneys22  Can you explain more clearly what you are trying to do. From what I gather you have a Hisense Roku TV and now your trying to add your girlfriends Roku to your TV?. More information would help. Are you trying to add something like a Roku Express to your existing Hisense Roku TV?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Sidneys22 

It's not clear if you're looking to have two separate Roku accounts on a single Roku device -- you can't do that -- or if you're looking to add a Roku device that's not a Roku TV to a Roku TV -- you can do that.

If the former, well, you know the answer. A Roku device can be tied to one Roku account. You can change it from one to the other, but it's a process that isn't conducive to everyday use. You unlink it from yours, factory reset it, then link it to hers, as you would a new device. Unless you want to go through that hassle, you can't do it.

If the latter, just plug the device into an HDMI port and change the input on the TV to that HDMI port. Just like everyone else who buys a Roku device that's not a Roku TV.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Sidneys22
Reel Rookie

No I want to add her phone to use the hotspot On it it's a Nokia x100

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Sidneys22 

I think I understand now. The title of the thread is a little confusing. You're not wanting to add something to the Roku TV. You're wanting to connect your Roku TV to someone's phone hotspot.

You don't really "add her phone." The phone must have its hotspot running. Is the phone's hotspot turned on?

If so, do you not see it when you attempt to connect via the Roku TV menu?

Do other devices, such as your phone, see her hotspot?

DBDukes

0 Kudos