Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dorm wifi not connecting to roku. i’ve tried so many times.

I bought a roku for my dorm and have tried connecting it to the wifi. i filled out the room number but it still brings me back to connect to a network. i don’t know what else to do. it always updates and brings me back to square one.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: dorm wifi not connecting to roku. i’ve tried so many times.

Try connecting to your phone's hotspot to get through the initial update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: dorm wifi not connecting to roku. i’ve tried so many times.

@briannamoreira  What model Roku are you using?When posting here its best to state as much detail as possible which would include model, type of connection, etc.

I suspect this has to do with WiFi channel congestion. The best way to know is by installing WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar if you have an iPhone. It will show all the WiFi users and the channel they're on, so if you're on one that's congested, it will cause problems. If you don't have access to the router log in/password you'll need to find someone that does so they can change the channel.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos