Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillprock
Binge Watcher

did Roku stop accessability to some older models?

Jump to solution

I can not wake up my older Roku HD that I like very much! This device has the HDMI and AV (red,white,yellow) cables. Everything is correct because I can switch to my Roku 3 with the hdmi cable and everything works fine.  I see other folks having the same problem with HDMI to componant (red,blue,green) cables. Can anyone tell us if Roku stopped service for these devices.  Can't find answer on their site nor receive a response by phone.  Why doesn't Roku have a team for online support without having to qualify for it.  How do you qualify to get some help from Roku? Any answer from the community would be greatly appreciated!! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: did Roku stop accessability to some older models?

Jump to solution

If it is 10+ years old, then it's likely it simply died. It could be the power supply, but not sure what type it is. Unless you have a supply compatible with it, just consider replacing it. Also, do you have both on the same TV, or were you just testing the Roku 3 from another TV?

To be honest, just consider getting a new one, even if you have to get an HDMI converter. If you do get a new one, get the Express 4K or higher. Do NOT get the basic Express. You will be amazed at how much faster it is, and the Express 4K and higher have more than enough memory to hold all the channels you need without having to constantly re-download.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku HD has been unsupported for at least a couple of years, and probably longer. There's been several different versions of Roku that used HD in the model, but even the most recent one was released 11 years ago. I understand the issue with needing component/composite/analog outputs, but the fact is there's really no player from any manufacturer that still supports analog outputs. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If it is 10+ years old, then it's likely it simply died. It could be the power supply, but not sure what type it is. Unless you have a supply compatible with it, just consider replacing it. Also, do you have both on the same TV, or were you just testing the Roku 3 from another TV?

To be honest, just consider getting a new one, even if you have to get an HDMI converter. If you do get a new one, get the Express 4K or higher. Do NOT get the basic Express. You will be amazed at how much faster it is, and the Express 4K and higher have more than enough memory to hold all the channels you need without having to constantly re-download.

jillprock
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your reply.  I Dish service. My husband of 40 years passed on from covid and I had to discontinue Dish. Pulled out our old  unit and Roku 3 we had for back up. They should both work.  The Roku HD 2500X came with the power cord w/ plug attached (AC adapter: Roku 5.0v - 1.0A).  The unit has power as there is a white flashing light.  The remote to the Roku 2500X works on the Roku 3. So both are working. The reason this device is important to me is because it connects to my old vcr /dvd player but it's what I like. I can easily switch from watching my husbands life on video tapes and discs to TV. Yes, it's old school, I've been told. I also have tried the hard reset method-no response. I think there might be a code with the remote like with the newer units. I'm open to any other hints. Thanks again!

0 Kudos