Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boaterpro
Reel Rookie

Re: Won't Connect to wifi Error Code 014.30 with ASUS router

I just purchased the exact same router and have the exact same problem. I consider myself pretty technically savvy and have adjusted/played with pretty much every setting for both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands on my router and messed with the settings in the secret menu on the roku. This is absolutely a firmware/software issue between the ASUS and roku. My roku connected fine then it did an update to 10.5 and everything went to **bleep**. It will connect to my neighbors Linksys router no problem. I finally gave up and bought a Chromecast. Hopefully this will be resolved one day with a firmware/software update by ASUS and roku

0 Kudos
happy_streamer
Binge Watcher

@Boaterpro Sorry I missed that, what Asus model are you referring to? 

0 Kudos
Boaterpro
Reel Rookie

Won't Connect to wifi Error Code 014.30 with ASUS router

ASUS Rog Rapture GT-AX6000. It’s a pretty new router. I think it’s only been out for a few months so I’m not totally surprised since some bugs are to be expected with new technology but I have 32 Wi-Fi clients connected to this router and no other devices have any trouble connecting. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We have found the cause of the issue that is affecting connectivity with Asus routers and Roku devices. We believe this issue will be resolved in a future update. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Boaterpro
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R @That’s great news to hear. Do you have any idea on the timeframe we’re looking at? It would be helpful to know if we’re talking weeks or months. I enjoy my Rokus when they work but if I have to wait months for them to work again then I’m in a position where I need to find a different streamer. Hope to hear it’s sooner than later. 

0 Kudos
Fizzu
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R It's not just Asus Routers. It's affecting other different kinds of routers as well. Only other router I know currently this affects is Netgear Nighthawk ax-6000. I believe this authentication error was introduced with the 10.5 update. Only reason I didn't come on here earlier is I have my ultra hardwired. Unfortunately Danny I returned my other new Roku device. I understand these problems happen but for support to blame my router is disappointing. If I can connect 12 year old devices on my router and a new Roku device with a release date of September 2021 cant connect, that's disappointing.

From Roku Support, as soon as you referred them to me, before you guys actually tried to solve the problem. Look at this, She doesn't make any sense and doesn't know what she's talking about. This happened as soon as you referred me to customer support. It drives me nuts when tech companies always try to point the finger at someone else. At least you actually worked on the problem Danny. Please keep in mind you need to fix this for other routers as well.

Hello Tyler,

We wanted to let you know that your ticket 5363925 has been awaiting a response from you for 5 days. Since we have not heard back from you, we've determined it's probably safe to mark it as solved. If this is not the case, feel free to respond to this email and your ticket will be reopened.

In case you forgot, here's what your ticket was about:

Nancy, Feb 17, 2022, 12:51 PST:

Hi Tyler, 

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. I understand that the Roku Streaming Stick 4k + is not connecting to the WiFi network and it gives error code 014.30.

This could happen due to a network issue or an interference issue with the network. I see that you have tried all the troubleshooting steps but the issue persists.

As you have stated it is connected to the mobile hotspot and 17 devices are connected but not connected to your WiFi network. Regarding this issue, you need to contact your internet service provider. If it is an issue with the Roku, it won't even connect to the mobile hotspot. Since it is connected to the mobile hotspot, we believe it is an issue with your WiFi network.

Thank you for choosing Roku, have a great day!

Regards,
Nancy
Roku Customer Support

0 Kudos
DJSMOOTHG

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your root cause analysis and identifying what caused the issues.  However, this is a major issue affecting many users, including myself, with various routers for some months.  Have these issues been escalated for resolution?  The impact of these issues are forcing your users and customers to use or look at alternative streaming solutions to continue to stream online content.  Without escalation for resolution and providing an expedited fix/solution, Roku will be losing users and loyal customers to permanently switch to other products.

Best Regards,

Frustrated Longtime Customer/User

0 Kudos
klrkt
Binge Watcher

This happened to me, because I wanted to get the ROKU Channel to work.

This is what I did.

1. I created a new Roku account.

2. The new account did not have any devices.

3. I "factory reset' my TV (I could not find a way to OTHERWISE register the gosh darned device.)

4. The TV could not login with the previous existing credentials - ERROR 014.30

5. I enabled a 'guest' SSID network.

6. I logged in with NO PROBLEMS on guest network.

7. I then logged in with NO PROBLEMS on REGULAR network - with old credentials.

8. All went as expected, activated my TV and the ROKU channels, etc ALL working fine.

Next step - repeat with my OTHER ROKU devices.

CRAZY

should not be this difficult!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@klrkt 

Thanks for posting what worked for you.  Which Asus router was this?

Also, did you use a password on the guest network or no password when you logged into guest?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
klrkt
Binge Watcher

Apologies it was NOT an ASUS router, it is HOME HUB 3000.

I just replied to this thread, because of the ERROR code discussion.

In any event I do not think it is a router specific issue. 

It appears to be a ROKU account issue.

Is there a way to 'switch' accounts ?

- or to register a device on more than one account?

- or to deregister from one account to another?

- or register to different accounts?

I have a developer account, which does NOT stream ROKU content, while my 'new' account does.

0 Kudos