Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ds1241ov

What is the best connection type to insure the clearest picture?

I have 500 gb fiber now and is the optimal connection type the ethernet on my roku tv or the wifi? Also is that direct roku tv connection better than using a roku streaming player?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: What is the best connection type to insure the clearest picture?

There's absolutely NO DOUBT that wired connections are more stable than Wifi especially in environments where there is substantial channel congestion. I've relied on a wired connection for years and have yet to have any problems with resolution, updates or other functions. If you have Ethernet ports near your Roku player or TV, I suggest you connect with them rather than WiFi. I use a power-line network which if unfamiliar, utilizes a home's electrical circuits to deliver data via special adapters. Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos