Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJC
Channel Surfer

Using my ROKU Express in a RV park

I finally bought a smart tv so put my Roku in the RV with an old analog tv. Last weekend camping at a RV park with excellent wi-fi I tried to use it. The park had updated their cable and only smart tvs could get the cable signal. I hooked up the Roku but it would never let me put in the wi-fi password. It brought up the screen to check if I was at home or a hotel. Neither option worked. If I answered that I was at a hotel it wanted the name and room number. We finally had to watch Prime and Disney+ on my Kindle since it could connect to the wi-fi. Anyone know how to connect the Roku to different a wi-fi away from home?

Thanks,

Claudia

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Using my ROKU Express in a RV park

Hello! @CJC,

Thanks for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your contacting us regarding your Roku device setup and its connection to your network. We are delighted to assist you.

Selecting the "home network" option is essential when setting up your Roku device. Remember to have your remote with you for a hassle-free setup process. If your Roku device is activated and set up for the home network, you can connect it to any Wi-Fi network.

For hotel and dorm setup, please check it here: How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CJC
Channel Surfer

Re: Using my ROKU Express in a RV park

I tried the "home" setting but was never given a screen to enter the park's password to connect to their wi-fi. The roku works great at home after the initial setup but I couldn't find anywhere to change the wi-fi setting to the rv park's. 

0 Kudos