Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madsstow

Unable to Establish Internet Connection

Hello,

I'm not sure what's going on with my TV but on Saturday morning I went to use my television and discovered that it was no longer working as it could not establish any sort of an internet connection. I have tried just about everything, to the point where I performed a factory reset, and the TV is still not working. I am still being told that the internet connection cannot be established.
The only "change" made to the TV was that my girlfriend connected her PS5 Friday afternoon.
Additionally, I am on school WiFi so I cannot "reset my router".

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to Establish Internet Connection

@madsstow 

After you Factory Reset your RokuTV, were you able to get through the setup/activation, or are you now stuck on the "Lets Get Started" screen?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
dmoni
Reel Rookie

Same here!  Spectrum had a service outage over night which was resolved by 6am on Saturday morning.  Every device is connected to our wifi except the 2 Roku TVs ( TCL, Hisence). Spectrum tech support can see both TVs on the network yet on screen it says Not Connected. 

I selected options to check connection and it stays connected for 3 seconds- then goes back to Not Connected. This is happening on both TVs.

I have reset router, reset network connection, hard reset TV ... no luck

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @madsstow,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

Could you share with us the details below? We'd like to take a closer look.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jae21

After the last update, while it is trying to install it doesn't see my internet

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jae21,

Thanks for reaching us here, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Could you share with us when you received the update, and have you tried any troubleshooting so that we'll be able to move forward?

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cmefford78
Reel Rookie

I am also having the same issue on 2 separate roku devices. They will connect to my hot spot but not to my home internet,  everything else is connected and Spectrum can see it, but it will not connect to internet. One device is model 3060RW-Roku Express

0 Kudos
cmefford78
Reel Rookie

Serial number X0260088FYLY

Version 12.5.0

Device S0KD32D8FYLY

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cmefford78,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the late response, and we'd like to see more about what's going on here.

Have you made some changes to your router recently? When did you start seeing this behavior occur?

Let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WillDG
Reel Rookie

I am also unable to connect after a November Spectrum update. As my remote doesn’t work and I am using the Roku app on my phone, I can’t do a reset of the device. This is very frustrating.

0 Kudos