Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jane6

Trying to trouble shooting for using a tmobile hotspot to my Samsung tv. Roku with my

On my samsung tv connected Roku thru my t mobile hot spot shows on tv but when a select a channel will npt connect.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trying to trouble shooting for using a tmobile hotspot to my Samsung tv. Roku with my

@Jane6 

May have to Edit your APN to reflect only IPv4 rather than IPv4/IPv6 or IPv6.  On some T-mobile hotspots, you are not able to edit the APN, so you will create a new APN in the same configuration as the "Fast.t-mobile.com" or "mobile.com" APN except change "PDP Type" to IPv4 only.  Make this your "Active" APN.

If you are using a 2.4ghz-only Roku device like the Roku Express (non-4k/4k+), or Roku Premiere (3920/3921), then you will also need to select the 2.4ghz band on the hotspot and change mode to b/g/n.

Feel free to post update or still need more help.  Include hotspot model and model number of the Roku device (Settings/System/About).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Trying to trouble shooting for using a tmobile hotspot to my Samsung tv. Roku with my

You should also include the model number of your Samsung TV set.  It should be found on either the side or the back of the set.  I have a 1994 Magnavox/Philips TV set and its model number and other specifications are printed on a sticker label on the back; TS2756-C102.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos