Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunin

Trouble with wireless speakers cutting out

So I have TCL Roku TV connected to a streambar pro via ARC with the cable provided. I then added 4 wireless speakers and a subwoofer (all Roku) for wireless surround. Seemed to work great.

I'm now consistently losing connectivity to the wireless speakers, completely cutting out sound. It usually cuts out sounding like a very digital choppy sound, then completely out. Hitting the reset buttons on the wireless speakers doesnt seem to do much. the pair button seems to help sometimes.

I've switched out the HDMI cable.

I tried chatting with Roku support, but that has currently led no where.

I'm open to suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble with wireless speakers cutting out

I'm just going to throw this out there with the caveat that I don't have the wireless speakers, so I may not know what I'm talking about.  I think the wireless speakers connect via Wi-Fi direct like the voice remotes, so I'd try different Wi-Fi channels on your router since if the Streambar is connected to your network via Wi-Fi it's obviously using whatever channel your router is using and the speakers will be using the same channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.