Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pettomusic

TCL Roku tv not connecting to hotspot after software update

The only thing that helped was to change my iphone name (settings > general > about) and restart my phone. I changed it to one word and then the hotspot appeared on the TV and connected. HOWEVER, it  disconnected a minutes afterwards and my hotspot does not appear on the TV now.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku tv not connecting to hotspot after software update

Hi @pettomusic

Thank you for the post

If your TCL Roku TV is having trouble connecting to your iPhone hotspot after a software update, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Restart both the TV and iPhone: Try restarting both your TCL Roku TV and iPhone, and then attempt to connect to the hotspot again.
  • Reset network settings on your iPhone: Go to your iPhone's Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all saved Wi-Fi networks, passwords, and VPN settings. Once you've done this, try setting up your hotspot again and connecting your TV to it.
  • Update the TV's software: Make sure that your TCL Roku TV is running the latest software version. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now. If an update is available, install it and then try connecting to the hotspot again.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos