Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
y2kdeuce
Channel Surfer

Streambar can’t see network it once used

My Roku streambar used to use a MECO WiFi extender set up in access point mode. Worked for years.  Now it doesn’t see it. When I try to set up as private I get a 10.30 error.  

Device is 3 to 4 feet away. 
my iPhone sees the Meco as does the Samsung tv the Roku is attached to.   
did factory reset on both the Roku and the Meco. Changed the SSID in the process.  iPhone happy. Samsung happy. ROKU no love.  

The Roku sees my other distant network but bars are weak and quality blows   

WTH?!?  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar can’t see network it once used

Are you trying to connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz?  Are you using the same SSID for both bands?  What channel is it setup to use?  If it's "Auto", try a fixed channel - 1 through 11 for 2.4GHz and below 50 or above 150 for 5GHz.  I'm not sure if the Streambar supports DFS channels on the 5GHz band (roughly between 50 and 150).  This says the 9101 does not, but doesn't mention the 9102 or 9104.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar can’t see network it once used

Looks like Roku recently added the 9101 to the DFS unsupported list as it was not on it when I checked last time for a user.

My 9102 does see/use DFS.  (or at least it did a couple of weeks ago when I tested it).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.