Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet after resetting router and factory reset

Roku wont detect network off router. Had suddenlink check wifi they said was OK still will not see network off router?? Help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Rodneyemerson

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hiphoph
Reel Rookie

Same here! Help!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@hiphoph

I hope you're doing well.

Check my post above and see if that will resolve your connectivity issue. Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hiphoph
Reel Rookie

Thank you for getting back to me! Really appreciate it! To fix it I had to go to my Cox wifi app and change my network from g/n to b/g/n! All fixed.

Lasy_red12

Model 40H4030

Serial  number  YK00PU890997

SOFTWARE VERSION  10.5.0 .Build 4201-90

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Lasy_red12

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Who's your internet service provider?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Same problem 

after a factory reset roku express will not connect to wifi

model number: 3930X

serial number X00400VA1NAU

Device id AU-469-578

software 10.5.0 build 4208-AE

error code 014.30 

havw restarted and unplugged numerous times 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Amandasuefische

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that Roku Express 3930 is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

How do I know if the wifi broadcasting 2.4? Also the roku has worked for the past month so I’m not sure why it would stop working like this all of a sudden.

0 Kudos