Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rose_1
Reel Rookie

Roku support at a new low

Wow - just called 2 times:  first time, call dropped after 10 minutes of hold.  The second call the person kept putting me on hold, then returning and asking more questions, then just hung up.  

Roku is the pits these days.

My question is very basic.  They should be able to determine whether the device functions properly or not regarding wireless vs connected.  I've always been connected and suddenly, it always goes wireless.

Shame on Roku.  Am looking for a better product elsewhere.  Sure won't waste any more time and money when the connection cuts out, system indicates a strong wireless signal, yet the device is totally plugged into the router, all cables swapped out and support is clueless.

Ridiculously tired of all these people getting paid and they know nothing.  I'm polite, but they are cluelessly ill informed.

My goodness, even posting is a nightmare.  I'm so done with Roku

UGH!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku support at a new low

@Rose_1 

Which device do you have?  And are you saying that you are losing the wired/ethernet capability of the device, but still able to connect using wireless/WiFi. (or is the device failing to see the wired availability at all).

Also, check the OS version from Settings/System/About. (ie. are you on OS 13 or 12.5).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.