Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku suddenly won't connect to wifi

I have tried everything that I instructed to and nothing is working, it just keeps saying unable to connect to wireless network...

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku suddenly won't connect to wifi

Hi @Madat23woko

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be delighted to take a closer look to see how we can assist. Do you receive an error code or message when connecting to the network? Did you try to connect the device to your home network or to the router?

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.
If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Keep us posted with the details.

Regards, 
Karla

0 Kudos

Same issue here. Only the Roku channel and live TV. Everything else is working. I've reset the system, reconnected the wifi and still nothing.

No error codes

Bbattersby
Channel Surfer

Is it that roku viewing channels don't work?  I can connect to Pluto, Prime, Netflix. But suddenly Roku network doesn't load. 

0 Kudos
Bbattersby
Channel Surfer

It's got to be them. Started an hour ago and I have exactly the same problem. Bad plan to update software during prime viewing time. 

0 Kudos
Mgideon

Yeah overnight mine won’t connect either. My internet is running just fine so it’s not the internet. It’s Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mgideon

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
mlg2

My Roku in my office works fine. All of a sudden the Roku in my living room gets error messages on Hulu about not connecting to network. Acorn and Britbox won't load at all. 

I have reset Roku, internet connection and everything else I was told to do. VERY FRUSTRATED!! Relatively new device.

All other devices on network are working fine.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @mlg2

Thank you for keeping in touch!

Have you tried removing the affected channel Hulu and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos