Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ1085

Roku kicked out my wifi and now its not showing up anymore

My Roku kicked out my wifi, ive been using this same wifi (At&t) for 2 years now and now its like it disappeared, however, it shows other wifis to connect to just not mines. Ive already contacted At&t and there is no issues on their end..all of my other devices are working just fine with my wifi...Ive reset my roku, unplugged my roku, etc and Nothing! It will pick up my phone wifi but thats too much power for my phone to stream. Roku model 3930X

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku kicked out my wifi and now its not showing up anymore

"... already contacted At&t and there is no issues on their end."

That is what the ISP always says.  Really they just mean there is nothing wrong with the internet speed and connection to your house.  The issue is that some routers being used by AT&T are receiving firmware updates that are causing connection issues with 2.4ghz devices (like your Express 3930).

You will likely find that changing the Wireless Mode from g/n to reflect b/g/n in your router's wireless settings will resolve your issue.

Instructions for changing the wireless mode on ATT routers...

AT&T → (https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1046172). You can select your appropriate router from the drop down menu.

Feel free to post back or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102