Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dragon2

Roku just stopped working for no reason

My Roku has been working fine for over a year...the other day, my roommate restarted the router and for some reason, this time my Roku player won't connect to the wifi.  Same password, all other devices work fine, but for no apparent reason, my Roku player just won't connect.  Anyone have any ideas?  No customer support with Roku so they're no help at all...

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku just stopped working for no reason

@Dragon2 

What Roku device do you have? Model number and Roku software version can be found at Settings > System > About

Who is your ISP?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
sarahmaec
Reel Rookie

Both of my Roku TVs have been doing this for 3 days now- and it looks like that's the day the software updated, too.

Everything else in my house connects just fine. I have restarted my internet and tv, factory reset both, changed the channels on the internet, tried hardwiring it, I have scoured the depths of the internet and nothing is working. But I have seen quite a few people with this issue, too. 

0 Kudos
KingwoodTexan
Channel Surfer

I experienced the same issue.  My ROKU was working this morning.  I left for a while and when I turned it back on the wifi connection had been lost.  I checked all the connections, restarted my router and my ROKU device multiple times.  Error code 014-30.  All other types of devices using wifi are connected. 

Model 3930RW - ROKU Express

Software version 10.5.0 • build 4208-AE

Provider: xfinity

Help!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@KingwoodTexan 

The Roku Express you have is 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz only.

Xfinity has been changing WiFi settings from b/g/n to g/n for many customers lately. If they changed the WiFi router settings, then the Roku Express won't connect.

Check the settings for the 2.4 GHz band, and see if they are g/n and if so, change to b/g/n.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
KingwoodTexan
Channel Surfer

I know the 2.4 light is illuminated,  but I don't know what b/n, b/g/n is or how to check it. I am somewhat technically challenged! LOL!

0 Kudos
KingwoodTexan
Channel Surfer

Guess what??? It just came back on! I am currently connected.  But I would still love an answer about g/n, b/g/n.  Thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@KingwoodTexan 

Though I use Xfinity Internet, I have my own modem and router, so I can't walk through the steps. However, this page may help.

Once you log in, you should be able to see the various settings. Just don't change anything other than g/n to b/g/n, and you'll be okay.

DBDukes

KingwoodTexan
Channel Surfer

It looks like an on-again, off-again thing, so maybe the router setting is the issue.  Please let me know how to check that.  Thank you 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@KingwoodTexan 

These links below will show you how to change the settings on Xfinity using Xfi app or logging into your router via the address bar in a web browser.  

One link is for Xfinity's website, the other is a posting in this community with walkthrough and images.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

------

Instructions for Changing the Router/Gateway Settings….

Xfinity / Comcast → ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi ) with a walkthrough ( https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102