Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squidy
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku immediately disconnects from WiFi after connecting

Jump to solution

Hi all, I am glad to hear it is working for some people, but sad to say it is still not working for me. I power cycled twice, restarted it once, updated the software, reconnected to the network at least 3 times, and it just does not stay connected to my wifi. It immediately disconnects. Error code 016.

I did try my phone hotspot and it seemed to stay connected to that, …~however~… the Roku never had issues with the same main network before, and it is not practical to me to use my hotspot in order to use the Roku when I have WiFi. Maybe it is a network issue, but again, as I live at an apartment complex with their WiFi, I don’t think there is anything I can do. And none of my other devices ever have connection issues.

Oh well. Thank you all for your input and trying to solve this issue, the support has been phenomenal!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku immediately disconnects from WiFi after connecting

Jump to solution

Hello! @squidy,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about the issue with your Roku device. We're pleased to assist.

The error code 016 indicates a weak Wi-Fi signal. This is why you don't experience any issues using your phone's hotspot. Try selecting the 2.4 GHz band of your network for all your Roku devices and see if the connection stabilizes. If so, it could just be an interference/strength issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos