Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streaming stick connects but no internet

@Jmyers1101  I said that before. I also sent you a link with the xfinity instructions. Notice something missing. Roku support. When you log into an xfinity hotspot you will get a pop up to log into your xfinity account. This can only be accomplished using a phone or computer. A Roku does not have that popup capability.  

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  He is trying to connect his Roku to an xfinity WiFi hotspot. When you do this on a phone or laptop you get a pop up asking for your xfinity credentials. xfinity WiFi hotspots are only for xfinity customers. A Roku does not have a browser or a popup window to allow one to log into their xfinity account. 

0 Kudos
Jmyers1101
Channel Surfer

Thank you @AvsGunnar that’s the exact information I needed. Thank you again. 

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Jmyers1101  Is your Roku activated? Even after activating it you will still need to connect it to WiFi which will bring up the same problem again. You never mentioned you never activated it. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

There are a couple other ways to get around troublesome connections like these.  You can normally connect your laptop, your phone, or even a travel router to the college wireless network.  You then set these to a hotspot mode and connect your Roku device to these mentioned devices.

In some configurations can still use your laptop while in hotspot mode, in others cannot, so need to see how feasible for you to use in such a manner.

The above is a workaround, but certainly will work if needed. (Especially useful for those that travel, and those with uncooperative IT departments Smiley Happy)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos