Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barticus
Channel Surfer

Roku Premiere keeps dropping wifi

I've had my Roku Premiere for about three years.  Lately, it's started dropping the wifi.  I can't detect any pattern - working fine and then it drops.  When I try to re-establish the connection (by setting it up again) it won't find anything until I restart the Roku device.  When I restart the device it automatically connects again without me having to re-establish anything.

A couple of months ago I got a new modem/router.  It's an ARRIS G36 DOCSIS 3.1 using the 802.11ax standard (which is supposed to support 802.11 b/g/n).  It's connected to the 2.4GHz band using channel 1, and the signal strength is excellent.  All other devices using the 2.4GHz band are working fine.  I also have a Roku TV which is working fine, but it's using the 5 GHz band.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere keeps dropping wifi

Is the model number 3920?  If so, you're not alone.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Barticus
Channel Surfer

Yes, 3920R.  Soooooo, it's nice to know I'm not alone, but does anyone know if Roku is trying to fix this, or do I just need to replace it?  It's not quite two years old.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Barticus-

If you have access to the modem/routers configuration setup, make sure the 2.4 GHz wifi band is set to connect via at least b/g/n protocols. If just set to g/n it can cause the problem you describe.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Hello! Having this issue now with my roku. Did you ever find a solution?  

Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Barticus
Channel Surfer

Yes, I had to change the channel on router to de-conflict it with a neighbor's wifi.