Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrhoud
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Premier says not connected but channels still working

i did as you said but i still cannot watch starz as i do not have an account with them! i had responded to a free offer with my new soundbar that gave me a 30 day free trial on starz but apparently that offer has now expired.  so when i deleted my account, even though i have reinstated it on my roku account, it will not let me in and even when i search on roku streaming channels i only pull up starz, not the starz on roku selection (which was apparently the free trial).  so as i was afraid of, even though i now have it all working again, more than a wee later, i have lost my starz trial! i have to say except for you, roku and starz have both been absolutely useless in helping me with this issue!  i have bought a dozen roku devices over the years, but the way this is going, never again!! this really sucks!!!!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premier says not connected but channels still working

@jrhoud, I don't know why a 30-day trial would have expired in a week.  Maybe someone like @Hector-Roku can help.

A couple of things to be aware of:  make sure you check your subscriptions at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions .  It may still show up and you'll be charged at the end of the trial period if you don't cancel.  Also, now that you've taken advantage of a Starz trial, if you try to do it again in the future because you see an ad for another trial you'll be silently charged for the subscription.  The fine print will probably say something about new customers only and people that have used the service in the past (even just the trial) don't count.

I also advise adding a PIN to your account at https://my.roku.com to prevent unexpected charges.  I honestly don't know if helps in the case of trying to take advantage of a trial more than once, but it will help preventing other inadvertent purchases especially if you have any other users (children or others) in the house.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.