Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drober87
Reel Rookie

Roku Lost Home Wifi Network

My Roku has been working fine for months until this evening. We briefly lost our home Wi-Fi (ATT), and after that, the Roku can no longer find our wireless network. The network is not even an option no matter how many times I have the Roku scan for available networks. I’ve reset the Roku and router multiple times, but no luck. All of our other devices can find and connect to our Wi-Fi network. Also, the Roku and router live 4 feet from each other, so it’s not a proximity issue. 
Model: 3920X

SN: K42081821503

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Lost Home Wifi Network

@drober87 

For the Roku Premiere 3920 (a 2.4ghz-only device), you will need to verify that your 2.4ghz is still enabled and broadcasting. (this device cannot connect to your 5ghz band).

Also with cable ISP like AT&T, you will likely need to verify that the "Wireless Mode" under your 2.4ghz settings is set to b/g/n.  Further verify that your 2.4ghz band is using a "wireless channel" between 1 and 11 (preferably 1, 6, or 11).

---

In order to test the connection ability of your device, try connecting it to a mobile hotspot if available to you.  If the device connects to the hotspot, then hardware is working and helps to narrow down to one of the network settings mentioned above. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

drober87
Reel Rookie

Thanks, @AvsGunnar for your reply. I can confirm that 2.4 ghz is still enabled and broadcasting. Likewise the mode is set to b/g/n. Also, the wireless channel is set to 3 (I saw no way to change this, but it’s still between 1 and 11). 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@drober87 

Really need to see if the Roku device is capable of connecting to another network. (family/friend wifi, or by using a mobile hotspot).

Other than trying to connect to an alternate network, the user is only left with a few other things to try on the Roku device itself.

1. Try using a wall adapter with the Roku device if currently using TV USB port for power. (this will help with any insufficient power issues that may be affecting the wifi module inside the device).

2. Perform a Network Connection Reset on the Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection).

3. Perform a Factory Reset on the Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) or press and hold in Reset button for 30+ seconds. *Make sure you have a working physical Roku remote before performing a Factory Reset.

[Hesitant to suggest performing Factory Resets on devices that are having network connection issues if user doesn't have a mobile hotspot available because if it doesn't work to address issue, you now have a completely non-functional/non-setup device, as opposed to one that simply won't connect to the network].

-----

The mobile hotspot is the easiest test.  If it connects to hotspot, then a setting in router or possible accompanying mobile ISP app setting (pause or hide feature) may be culprit.  If device won't connect to mobile hotspot either, then would suspect defective device.  Depending on purchase date of device, may qualify for replacement. (less than a year). https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.