Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WildRam
Channel Surfer

Roku 4K no longer connecting to the internet

Had the ROKU 4K for 3 months without issue but now unable to connect to wifi. Other devices connect without issue. It states Excellent signal. I have been through the restarting of router and ROKU  device to no avail. I am in the Uk using Virgin Media as my ISP. Looked at old topics of this nature and tried to follow some of them by going into my router settings but still no luck. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4K no longer connecting to the internet

Do you get any error codes/messages?  Keep in mind that Roku devices only support channels 1 through 11 on the 2.4GHz band and do not support channels 50 through 144 on the 5GHz band (use 48 or below or 149 or above).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
WildRam
Channel Surfer

I get error 009. How do I check or change the channel - this was something I couldn’t find after reading other comments?

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@WildRam 

Try restarting your modem/router/gateway (see #1 below) & Roku.

Check WiFi channel Settings/Network/About

Change WiFi channel:  Must be done in your modem/router/gateway's configuration. 

1) You may be able to automatically change this by restarting/rebooting your modem/router/gateway (no guarantee what channel it selects, since the channel setting is probably on automatic). 

2) To manually change this, you may be able to do this via app (Xfinity), otherwise you'll need to login to the configuration pages via web browser (e.g. http://192.168.0.1 - depends on device's IP configuration).  If using ISP-leased equipment, consult with your ISP support on how to do this.

0 Kudos
WildRam
Channel Surfer

Unfortunately I have reset my ROKU 4K and I can no longer get into the Settings/Network/About to check the channel. It’s now like a brand new set up with the Let’s get started - choose language initial screen. Same problem - unable to connect.

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@WildRam 

Follow the steps under "Change WiFi Channel".

0 Kudos
MrWalls
Reel Rookie

My Roku TV started disconnecting from the wifi. When connected, it was very unstable. I tried everything starting from moving the router, to changing passwords, updating TV software, etc. An internet technician came (Virgin), he changed the router, all fine until I turned on the TV and connected it to the wifi. The whole wifi network just fell. So now the issue is clear, the TV not only connects in a very unstable manner, but it knocks the wifi down. Importantly, it started happening recently, while I used it without issues for the last 2 years. The technician suggested an internet cable but this is not a possible option. Any advice?

0 Kudos