Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saraortiz

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

I did everything like you said but now it won’t update and my wifi is completely fine 

0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Flushes out any cruft the OS created

(Yup, Linux gets mucked up too)

0 Kudos
jhollon

Jump to solution

Unplug your tv, count to 20, plug it back in.

0 Kudos
Yazzy1

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset but it still wont connect

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Yazzy1

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If still no dice, try contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kv2

Jump to solution

Mine the same. I never had a problem till now. Won’t connect it says I’m connected. It found my wi fi still won’t work?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Kv2, did you follow the instructions given in the links supplied by @RokuKariza-D ?  Make sure you restart/reboot your modem/router and Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Coffeeman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also had this problem.  I have a google mesh wifi network.  I had to reset the Google wifi back to the factory settings and setup the network.  It was inconvenient but only took about 1 hour which was better than the 5-6 hours I spent with Roku and Google techs trying other things.  Remember to write down the name of your network and the password and it will make the setup go much quicker after you do the factory reset.

Coffeeman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also had this problem and spent several hours rebooting the router and modem as well as the Roku devices.  I have a google mesh wifi network.  I had to reset the Google wifi back to the factory settings and setup the network again to resolve my issue.  It was inconvenient but only took about 1 hour which was better than the 5-6 hours I spent with Roku and Google techs trying other things.  Remember to write down the name of your network and the password and it will make the setup go much quicker after you do the factory reset.

Now that I have done this and have everything working again here are the steps that I would suggest you follow in order to save time and headaches.

1.  Reboot your router/modem.  This is always the quickest simplest thing to do.  I recommend unplugging them for at least 30-60 seconds instead of just pushing the reset button.

2. Remove your Roku device for 60 seconds and plug it back in and see if that worked.

3. To confirm that the problem is not with the Roku device, disconnect from your wifi network and connect the Roku device to the wifi hotspot on your phone. 

4. If you can not connect with your hotspot than the problem is probably with your Roku device.  Reset your Roku device back to factory settings and set it up again.  

5. If you can connect with the wifi hotspot on your phone then the problem most likely lies with your wifi network.  That is when I did a factory reset on my router and set the network up again.  It took about an hour but it solved all the problems.

0 Kudos
Kat6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So I have done everything, unplugged both the router and roku numerous times, tried the factory reset, nothing worked. So I wiped my whole roku for nothing

0 Kudos