Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sbork1014

RCA ROKU TV stopped connecting to one internet hot spot. Error code 14.40

Hi! I am having the same issue. I keep getting Error code 14.40 and i have tried everything I can think of for over a week 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: RCA ROKU TV stopped connecting to one internet hot spot. Error code 14.40

Hi @Sbork1014,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RCA ROKU TV stopped connecting to one internet hot spot. Error code 14.40

@Sbork1014 

To help rule out a hardware issue, verify that you have a seeing a MAC address under Settings/Network/About. (if you see all zeros, then normally a wifi card/module issue).

If MAC address is all good, try connecting to a mobile hotspot if available to you.  If you can connect to mobile hotspot, then narrowing down to network issue.

If you are able to connect to mobile hotspot, then verify that you have not inadvertently "Paused" your internet connection for the Roku TV via any ISP (internet service provider) mobile app.

If you are certain you have not Paused the internet connection, and no other filters are applicable (ie. MAC address Filter), then make sure you are not using any DFS channels (52-140) on the 5ghz band as Roku cannot currently see or use DFS.  I think this may be the least of the possibilities though since the Roku TV should be seeing/connecting to your 2.4ghz band if the 5ghz is unavailable. (unless your ISP has disabled your 2.4ghz w/o your knowledge, so may need to verify that both your 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands are working).

Feel free to post back with router model number and ISP if still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.