Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williasp
Reel Rookie

Phillips Roku TV (w/built in Roku) loses wifi daily and refuses to connect until everything rebooted

I have a Phillips Roku TV, so Roku is built in (i.e., no stick).  It worked well for a couple of months, then suddenly "no connection."  Not only is there no connection when I turn it on, but then I go to settings and attempt to "connect."  My wifi (Deco mesh system) is recognized and shows a strong signal.  I hit connect, but NO DICE.  It refuses to connect to the wifi it sees. (Yes, the password is correct.)  I unplug the TV for 30 seconds, then plug in and power on.  Occasionally, that works, but mostly not.  I need to unplug TV and reboot my router.  Then when everything is up and running, I have a wifi connection (or, if not, I can reconnect through settings).  I've tried numerous steps, like telling the TV to forget the network and only connecting to the IOT band that is restricted to 2.4G.  The problem persists.  I can turn this TV on in the morning and have a connection, then turn it off for several hours, then turn it on in the afternoon only to see "no connection."  And then I have to go through the multiple reboots mentioned above to get the connection back.  This makes ABSOLUTELY no sense.

I have two other TVs with Roku streaming sticks and have not run into this problem.  In fact, the problem TV (in my basement) is a replacement for a smaller TV with which I used a Roku streaming stick.  I never had a problem with that Roku streaming stick, which is in the exact same location as the problem Phillips Roku TV.  What gives?

Is there a solution short of tossing this TV?  (Is there some way I can use the old Roku streaming stick by plugging it into one of the HDMI ports on the Phillips Roku TV?  If so, how do I get the TV to automatically go to the HDMI channel?  Totally frustrated!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Phillips Roku TV (w/built in Roku) loses wifi daily and refuses to connect until everything rebo

I can't help with the TV issue, but you can use your stick on the TV.  There's a setting under Settings->System->Power on the TV to select how it powers up.  You can have it always power on to the stick's HDMI port.  It can get confusing with a Roku device connected to a Roku TV, so it's helpful to use two different wallpapers/themes so you know immediately which one's Home Screen your looking at (and which one's remote you need to use).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.