Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sb75

New roku remote and new wifi-not able to connect

I recently switched wifi providers.  I have been unable to connect existing roku-keeps saying not connected.  Had to purchase a new remote and I can't use it will not work b/c the internet isn't connected.  I tried a new roku system and the same thing is happening.  What am I doing wrong?  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New roku remote and new wifi-not able to connect

The remotes don't have anything to do with your Wi-Fi connection, so we need more information.  What kind of device do you have and what kind of remote did you get?  The sticks (that plug directly into an HDMI port without the need for an HDMI cable) require the one of the Voice remotes.  Roku TVs don't work with the simple remote and Roku TV remotes don't work with Roku players, so you see it could be simply that you got the wrong remote.

Having said all of that, if the remote has a button on the back or inside the battery compartment then it requires pairing to the Roku device.

If I understand what you wrote, you purchased a new Roku device that came with its own remote and you still can't get it to work?  The question about the button on the remote still applies.

Tell us the model number of the Roku device(s) and what kind of remote(s) you have.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.