Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bch1

NO MORE ROKU😞 as Summit BroadBand cuts ROKU access off 4/30/24

• Summit BroadBand is disconnecting all ROKU access to Summit.

This means my ROKU TV won’t work and 3 other ROKU devices won’t work

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND CONSUMERS ALWAYS LOSE!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Jrg1132
Reel Rookie

Re: NO MORE ROKU😞 as Summit BroadBand cuts ROKU access off 4/30/24

I agree all a money grab yet we are the ones paying the bill.  Amazon TV wins again guess I’m gonna switch to everything Firestick.

0 Kudos
Jdfuerst

Was told by SBB that I can pay $9.99 per month for each of the three devices I use with Roku.  I want to tell them to pound sand, but our subscription is through a condominium association.  Who doesn't get support from Roku?  This is a joke!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jdfuerst, I'm sorry, but I don't see how this is a Roku issue?  How can Roku possibly help with some really poor Internet service?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jrg1132
Reel Rookie

Simple Roku has contracts for all of the networks they raise their prices to where it forces the networks to either get off of Roku’s system, or those networks have to pay the higher prices which just get pushed onto the customer anyway so everybody’s in it for a money grab.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Jrg1132 wrote:

Simple Roku has contracts for all of the networks they raise their prices to where it forces the networks to either get off of Roku’s system, or those networks have to pay the higher prices which just get pushed onto the customer anyway so everybody’s in it for a money grab.

I am not understanding the issue. Are you saying that your Roku devices will not connect to the Internet using Summit Broadband as your ISP? I don't think that's legal. A Roku device is simply a connected device and Roku themselves have no "contract" with any ISP for access. Internet access is not supposed to be restricted in any way for any device by your ISP. Some might have restrictions on running a web server on a residential account, but that's about the limit of what they are permitted to control. 

Roku receives no money from any ISP, not do they pay any ISP for "access". I suspect someone is providing inaccurate information. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

@Bch1 wrote:
  • Summit BroadBand is disconnecting all ROKU access to Summit.

This means my ROKU TV won’t work and 3 other ROKU devices won’t work

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND CONSUMERS ALWAYS LOSE!!!!

Are you referring to a Roku having access to the Internet using Summit as your ISP? Or are you referring to a Summit provided app/channel that allows viewing Summit provided content on your Roku? If the latter, then that's a business decision made by Summit, not Roku. If you mean you can't even connect to the Internet with a Roku device, I don't think they can legally do that. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos