Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wendy1185
Reel Rookie

My new Roku Express 4k won't stay connected to the internet

my Roku won't stay connected to my internet and I have to keep restarting it to get it to work. It's not an internet issue because I have a Roku stick in my bedroom that has no issues with connecting

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Shoresy
Channel Surfer

Re: My new Roku Express 4k won't stay connected to the internet

This new express 4k+ is nothing but a headache, last week couldn’t get video to keep playing or pause, rewind/ff. this week we have internet connection issues but strangely you can hit proceed anyway and it works kinda.

sorry can’t help you other than tell you to  switch to a competitors product, that’s what I’m doing

0 Kudos
Wendy1185
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the info

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Wendy1185 @Shoresy

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
- The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem? - Are you being prompted with an error message?

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos