Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jess1e1
Reel Rookie

My Roku didnt recognize my wireless anymore

Jump to solution

My 2 Roku didn't get the wireless anymore. Both at the same time. I restarted my router but theres nothing to do, not fonctionnal anymore. Problem 014.30. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
denna72

Re: My Roku didnt recognize my wireless anymore

Jump to solution

Ok, so I got my Roku to work with my router, Finally! I kept having trouble with my IP address refusing to connect. If you are having the same issue, then make sure to use the default IP which can be found on the bottom of your router. Then log in with the credentials also found on your router. Once logged in go to the 2.4 Ghz tab, advance settings make sure set for B/G/H, but then also switch security mode to WPA/WPA2 PSK(TKIP/AES) (Most compatible) mode.  When I did this, I also noticed that the 2.4 GHz button on my router lit back up, where before it would not light at all. Restarted my Roku and whala, it finally recognized and connected to my network again!  So hopefully, this will work for you too!  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Dataguy99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. Did all the remote fixes and nothing worked. I purchased a new remote thinking it was the remote that was broken and the brand new remote doesn't work. The app on my iPad works fine. So, when I am here, we can use Roku. When I am away and my iPad is with me, no one can use Roku. This is not good. I am assuming there is something wrong with the Roku Premier box on the top of the TV. I have restarted it, moved it to make sure the remote's infrared signal is hitting it and nothing works. I have seen multiple issues with remotes on this community site, so why is this not being addressed? I also reported the Roku channel issue of commercials freezing while watching the Roku channel. Now we can't watch any channel on the device unless I am home using my iPad app. Not having the ability to contact Roku about this is disconcerting, also. Are they afraid of too many calls and not having the resources to address everyone's concerns?

Disgruntled in Texas

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Your ISP probably made a change to your router's settings without your knowledge.  Ensure your router's wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

If you need help with that post back here with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and the make and model of your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jess1e1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still didn't work. My router is Asus_AC3100. My internet provider is Axion.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jess1e1, are you still getting error 014.30 or some other code?  Have you tried setting the wireless mode to both b/g/n and g/n?  Some routers/ISPs seem to like one where others like the other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
thebrat62
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just got mine fixed. This is how I did it. First I have a friend who is an IT wizard. You need that first. Then they go into your router settings online and enable the setting under wifi status and in the "mode" setting, have it enable the B/G/H enabled. It is the "B" setting that our wifi service providers turned off. It is a setting from over 20 years ago that only goes up to 11 mbps. But that is what got my router working again. This is what my IT friend said: "Tell them to log into the router admin interface and go to WiFi and change 2.4Ghz to include B in the protocols."

Have your wizard do that and you should be good to go.

denna72

Jump to solution

OMG! Yes, my device has been down for the past 2 weeks as well! It just all of a sudden stopped recognizing my network, even after manually typing it in, along with the password. All other devices work, no problem, except Roku! 

Thank you for this suggestion! I will try it! I've done all the other steps mentioned on the Roku site and nothing has worked! So I will try to adjust the router settings online! Hope it works

0 Kudos
denna72

Jump to solution

Ok, so I got my Roku to work with my router, Finally! I kept having trouble with my IP address refusing to connect. If you are having the same issue, then make sure to use the default IP which can be found on the bottom of your router. Then log in with the credentials also found on your router. Once logged in go to the 2.4 Ghz tab, advance settings make sure set for B/G/H, but then also switch security mode to WPA/WPA2 PSK(TKIP/AES) (Most compatible) mode.  When I did this, I also noticed that the 2.4 GHz button on my router lit back up, where before it would not light at all. Restarted my Roku and whala, it finally recognized and connected to my network again!  So hopefully, this will work for you too!  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.