Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dbrownsweet
Reel Rookie

Changed wifi password- roku connects to router but not internet

Roku Uktra was connected to the Internet.  I had to change my router password. All other devices in the home including other rokus have connected to the router and the Internet with no issues.  This particular roku only connects to the wireless router but not the Internet. Signal is excellent. I have hard reset the roku, I have reset the router and the modem many times. Still the same. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Changed wifi password- roku connects to router but not internet

Are you connecting to the 2.4 GHz wifi band or the 5 GHz wifi band?

Your problem may have been caused by an update to your router which affects some Roku models. If you receive this update it changes the router's wifi connection parameters for the 2.4 GHz wifi band from b/g/n to g/n. This has been reported for routers supplied by Comcast/xFinity, Cox, and AT&T, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect to the internet. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi set by the update back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's configuration controls you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Dbrownsweet
Reel Rookie

I have Spectrum/  Charter for internet. Everything in house was connected prior to changing wifi password.  Changed password, all connected including other rokus, not this roku. Only connects to router not internet.  Router model SAC2V1K,

Modem model ES2251. 

Only changed wifi password???

This Roku is the only thing that won't connect to internet.  Connects to wifi very fast, signal great, reset everything,  moved both router and roku. Won't connect to internet.  Only wifi

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Dbrownsweet 

Try restarting the router, unplugging the Roku for a min or so, and then reset the network connection at the problem Roku device.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos