Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
White_willow19
Reel Rookie

Missing network option on my westinghouse roku tv

So today I had several power outs on my block my westinghouse roku tv was connected already to my wifi but after when my TV shut off because of the power outage I turned it on and it didn't give me any options to connected back to my wifi so I tried putting it in manually and no luck As well as searching for existing network I also did a factory reset and no luck what so ever my wifi works on everything and its odd because when I go to my ps4 its connected to the wifi but the TV isn't please help 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing network option on my westinghouse roku tv

@White_willow19 

On your Roku TV, are you seeing both an IP address and a MAC address listed?  Are either of these all zeros?

Try restarting both your router and the RokuTV and see if that resolves issue.  Otherwise, since you have Factory Reset the RokuTV, try using either ethernet or a mobile hotspot (if available to you) to get through setup and activation.(if you are still stuck at that phase).

Not sure from your description where you are currently in process.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

White_willow19
Reel Rookie

I appreciate the help 🙏 truly but it doesn't give me any options and when I tried to Hotspot it it gives me a big red X its just showing my neighbors wifi options but not mine my router is on and working and also very close by to my TV so I don't see why I would have this issue still 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@White_willow19 

Since your router is very close by, can you run an ethernet cable from the TV to the router? (if TV is ethernet capable)?

If the TV is seeing neighbor's wifi, pretty good sign that the hardware is working.  Are you able to navigate the Roku menu to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection.

What is the router model number and who is your ISP (internet service provider)?  

The power outages may have restarted your router into an incompatible mode or wireless channel that is affecting connection with your RokuTV.  Ethernet would bypass this completely, thus the suggestion to try ethernet if possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos