Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve22

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue - Started today to all 4 of my Roku streaming sticks.  Did a reboot of router and sticks.  The sticks connect to my network, but not the internet.  All other household devices have no issues.

0 Kudos
bwcoppola
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

My new (less than two months) Roku Express, provided as a warranty replacement, is now not connecting to my wireless router. Another Roku, and all other devices, are connecting fine. Have of course tried all of the troubleshooting procedures.

0 Kudos
Midstate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine has not come back on either 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bwcoppola @Midstate 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nas84

Jump to solution

Like others have said.. we can continue to "reset" all we want, that is not the problem. I'm having the same exact issues. Started with two separate Roku Express units. Was having to reset both units multiple times a day. Got sick of it and figured maybe they were just **bleep** models. Went out and bought the "best Roku offers" in the Roku Ultra. Got them home, hooked them both up and worked fine. Came home from work and turn the tv on and have no connection. Went to the other Ultra unit and guess what.... no connection. 

Here's the best part, I have a old roku Premiere. It works when none of the others will.

So again, Roku can keep saying to reboot all they want but there is plainly something wrong with their newer units. At this point I think I'm just going to set my almost $400 worth of **bleep** Roku players on fire and buy something else. This is ridiculous.

Jump to solution

I’ve got two Roku Ultra that I bought and I’m having the same issue. Multiple old Roku units work fine and all my other connected devices. The two Ultras will stream for about one show then they give the 018 network error.  You unplug the unit and wait a couple minutes then reboot and it will come back for a bit then repeat the outage. I am fully up to date on the unit patches.  Why do we have 8 pages of people reporting the same issue within the last couple months and then a request to dm a tech for what fix?  Is there a fix or are people getting  a run around? 

delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I received a replacement roku express for my unit that wouldn't connect.   I am using it to replace another roku 2xs that started rebooting every 10 minutes.   I have found that for some reason most of my roku devices only last a short time, a year or so, and then have issues of one kind or another.   

Is it poor hardware quality control?   Software bugs?   I don't know.    All I know is that of the 5 or so roku devices I have purchased over the past few years, only one or two are still working. 

NickT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Skywatcher, eventually a support ticket was made for me and they had me go through the typical troubleshooting steps again. When that didn't work, they sent me a refurbished device eventually (I had to ship my old one to them and they had to receive it before they would send it). The refurbished one has been working so far the past couple weeks.

spugmire

Jump to solution

I may have a solution. I have 5 Roku devices and today 2 of them lost connection. I tried all the remedies including performing a hard factory reset. Then out of curiosity I swapped out one that could not connect to the wireless router with one that could. To my amazement the one that was working when moved to the location that wasn't connecting also failed to connect while the one that previously couldn't connect worked just fine. So this had to be an issue with my wi-fi. I use 3 wi-fi extenders throughout the house so I simply unplugged the closest one to where I was having the issue for about 5 seconds and EUREKA! Problem Solved!!! If you use wi-fi extenders in your house try unplugging them and the plug right back in.

CRE1

Jump to solution

Same issue with both Rokus. 
Solution: the only thing I have found that works is physically pulling the power source from the Roku for 5 seconds than re- plug. Then it Connects 

rebooting from settings menu did not work for me