Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SusanLN

How do I watch cable on roku

I have 2 TVs.  One has a cable box, and one has a Roku Express 4K.  I want to be able to add my cable channels to the Roku so I get cable on both TV.  If it's possible to do so, how do I add my cable to the Roku?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: How do I watch cable on roku

If you’re talking about input channels to cable boxes,  all stand-alone Roku devices attached to a TV through the HDMI or A/V output ports do not have any input channels on the home menu.  Only the RokuTV sets have an input channel.

Now if you’re talking about the apps for cable, well, most, if not all, of the cable apps on Roku devices require a subscription.  So, it is possible to add a cable app to your Roku, but you’d probably have to give out credit card information while signing in to a cable app.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Spectrum and Xfinity have apps for Roku.  Those are just two cable companies I happen to know about.  For other companies, take a look at the Roku channel store or check the cable company website or support.

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Strega 

DirecTV and AT&T also have apps for Roku devices. Both are cable / satellite companies.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos