Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K Error Code 022

Jump to solution

@Wmac12, it's sad that a device purchased directly from Roku can come with a bad cable.  If you're using the USB power adapter and USB cable that came with the stick then...

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
OldDood
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

it’s more than the cable that came with the device… it is the device itself… 

0 Kudos
summersmeme
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem. Ordered the streaming stick 4K from Walmart. Received it this week. Error code 022. Fails on every TV. I am very disappointed...

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We're aware of this issue going on and we'd be more than happy to help you out with this.

Please send us a PM with your shipping address along with your best contact phone number.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TomHolland
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Way to go Rey!  Roku finally admits to being "aware of this issue".  I informed you here October 26th.  Roku is still handling this piecemeal in December when it should have been a recall.  I've given up on the Streaming Stick 4K and instruct my customers to order the Express 4K+.  It has the same voice remote and no Error Code 022.

Roku should not be putting customers through the hassle of identifying the problem, contacting through PM, waiting for a second one and whatever other red tape.  Roku must know the affected batch.  If they don't shame on them.  Get these defective ones off the shelf!!!  Christmas is coming. 

OldDood
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, I just got an email requesting, via PM, to provide "...[my] shipping address along with [my] best contact phone number for the process." I'm not sure where the "PM" app is on their website other than the chat but that means my info would get lost in the shuffling back and forth between support techs who I could envision them shrugging their shoulders and saying '...i dunno...'

It is sad it has taken them this long to admit they bought a whole bunch of inoperable product which they in turn advertised and sold to customers... ! (I have the 4K Express model anyway and it works fine; I thought this streaming stick was an upgrade (as Roku made it seem) but it sounds like it isn't))

I wonder if they are going to send a prepaid mailer to ship the defective device back to them...? Hmmm...

summersmeme
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got a email but they asked for address and phone number, but you just get a email telling you to return it back to where you got it  to get it replaced for a new one...When I do this am I just going to get another one with error 022???

0 Kudos
TomHolland
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

As I've said here.  I now recommend to my customers the Roku Express 4K+ which uses the same voice remote as the Streaming stick 4K but does not have the external WiFi antenna in the USB cord.  The Express 4K+ works just as well and costs a little less.   

0 Kudos
Marrisdj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem here in the UK … 4k stick was working fine for a couple of months but now returns 022 error every time I try to use it … not good. I contacted Roku support over a week ago but, other than the auto acknowledgment, they have not replied … poor customer service.

I have checked and rechecked all the connections and also tried different TV’s but no joy so have requested a replacement but concerned that will that be just as bad?

I have 2 other Roku products, an Express 4k and a streaming stick plus and they are just fine so it’s disappointing the 4k stick is not fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
summersmeme
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just returned mine and got a refund because I was not going to get another one that there would just be problems.. I can't understand why they do not recall all of those since they are aware of the problem..

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.