Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChicagoboyRN
Channel Surfer

Error Code 017 - Low Signal Connection with Xfinity WI-FI

This is my first post in a long time.  I hope someone can help me since Xfinity agents and technicians who came over to our house were not able to.

We've had ROKU devices without a problem with AT&T connection.  This past month AT&T increased their price (because they switched to fiber optic) which we can no longer afford.  I am on ACP program where i pay discounted internet from government. 

We switched to Comcast Xfinity with 50 mbps.  The connections to our TV was buffering and there were times we get an error code "Unable to connect to wireless" with ERROR CODE 017.  So we switched to 100mbps plan hoping things will be better.  It is still the same.  We can't seem to live stream with ROKU using Xfinity wi-fi.  My computer however has no problem with connecting to the internet even with 50 mbps.  So i'm thinking Roku maybe is not compatible with Xfinity.   We're thinking of switching back to AT&T, but figured we'd post this issue here hoping someone has a solution to our problem.  We lived in a one bedroom apartment and both ROKU devices and the Gateway modem are in close proximity.   Please help.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
ChicagoboyRN
Channel Surfer

Re: Error Code 017 - Low Signal Connection with Xfinity WI-FI

Never mind.  Found a solution on youtube.  Was about to switch to AT&T.  Now everything is solved and Roku has connected to Xfinity Wi-fi.  Here's the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-jxQG2VOE

0 Kudos