Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GTBoyd3

Connectivity issues with my Roku TCL TV

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku tv unexpectedly will not connect to my wi-fi (that it was connected to yesterday). My other Roku devices are connected as are out phones and other devices in the house. Nothing has changed other than turning the tv off yesterday and back on today. I have checked my Wi-Fi signal, I have checked connectivity if all other devices with no issues. I have unplugged the tv for the 10-15 minutes as other sources have suggested with no luck. The Wi-Fi network shows up on available options but the tv will not connect to it. I tried using my phone’s hotspot and the tv would not connect to that either.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connectivity issues with my Roku TV

Jump to solution

@GTBoyd3 

A little curious that the RokuTV would not connect to the hotspot.  May be a hardware issue, but let's hope just a glitch.

Try performing a Network Reset on the Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection.

I would also reboot the router after the Network Reset, but before trying to reconnect the RokuTV to the network. (turn off router for a minute, then reboot).  Then try to connect to the network again.

Hopefully this gets you connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connectivity issues with my Roku TV

Jump to solution

@GTBoyd3 

A little curious that the RokuTV would not connect to the hotspot.  May be a hardware issue, but let's hope just a glitch.

Try performing a Network Reset on the Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection.

I would also reboot the router after the Network Reset, but before trying to reconnect the RokuTV to the network. (turn off router for a minute, then reboot).  Then try to connect to the network again.

Hopefully this gets you connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.