Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Opemipo25
Reel Rookie

Connecting roku device to wifi

How do I fix Roku error code 014.40

Also my Roku streaming device that was working well yesterday stopped working today and its saying unable to connect to wireless network. What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting roku device to wifi

@Opemipo25 

14.40 is generally a password issue. (wifi password or security setting.)

If you haven't changed anything in the router (and you are sure you are not blocking/paused the Roku device in any ISP app), try unplugging both the router and your Roku device for a couple of minutes.

What is the model number of your router and the Roku device (from Settings/System/About).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Opemipo25
Reel Rookie

I tried that still not working.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Opemipo25 

Go into your router and change the wifi password to remove any special characters.  Just use letters and numbers. 

Then restart the router again and perform a network connection reset on the Roku. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection).

If your Roku connects again, you will have to track down (trial and error) which special character is causing the authentication issue between your specific Roku device and the router.

---

If still having issues, you really are going to have to provide the info requested such as router model number, Roku model number, and the ISP so we can get a better understanding of the issue. (some errors are generic in nature while others are more equipment specific and have to be addressed in router settings).

Since you didn't mention Roku model, change the wifi password mentioned above on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands just to cover all bases.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos