Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DevilDuck

Can't connect to wifi and repeat so many times

Hello everyone

Sometimes Roku suddenly fails to connect and reconnects to wifi and repeats the same thing.
I tried resetting, or doing something according to the instructions. But it didn't change any, still can't connect.

Please help me. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't connect to wifi and repeat so many times

Hi @DevilDuck,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are happy to assist you with your problem connecting your Roku to your Wi-Fi, as it fails, then reconnects. We'd like to know more about the issue you ran into. 

Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is it only isolated to one? Is there any error message or code that you are getting after trying to connect to your network? How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? How far is your device from your network router? Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenA730
Channel Surfer

My Express 4K+ is doing the same thing. This device is a piece of garbage. It took me an extra hour to watch a 90 minute movie because the device kept disconnecting from the internet every 5 minutes. This is unacceptable. I sent support an email to replace under warranty because I have only had it since Jan 1, 2023. I just ordered an Amazon Fire Stick 4K Max streaming device.

0 Kudos
StevenA730
Channel Surfer

Roku needs to have live customer service where a customer can call in and speak to a live person instead of these chat discussions which provide no real solutions.

The problem is with the Roku device or software.

How many times are we to keep on unplugging our devices to perform a reset? This is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.