Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasongra
Channel Surfer

4k Roku stick streaming device home button would do nothing

the 4k stick is the worst ROku I have ever purchased and I have been buying them since the first one came out.  It started a few weeks ago I would press the home button and the device would do nothing. I replaced the batteries at 65%t thinking that was the issue but it was not. I had thought the problem was the remote but after adding the ap it still did not work which told me it was a bad unit. So I called ROKU last week and I am still waiting on a return call. Now I have to unplug the unit everytime I want to watch tv. Due to lack of return calls this will probably be my final ROKU. I can understand sometimes products are defective but what I will never understand is why a company has such little regard for their customers that they do not bother returning calls. I have a policy that if I call a company that I am doing business with and that business does not bother to return the call than I cease doing business with them.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 4k Roku stick streaming device home button would do nothing

Hi @Jasongra,

Greetings from the Roku community!
We know how important it is to have a functional Roku remote for controlling your Roku device. Help is here. Please check out this support article here on 
how to fix your Roku voice or a simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still continues, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same issue. I used to be a big supporter of Roku but they now have the absolute worst software of all streaming services/devices. I have issues using Roku probably 90% of the time I attempt to use it. 

0 Kudos

Also, the lack of customer care displayed by the generic response above from Roku should be evidence enough that this is not a customer centric company that is failing in all regards. Boycott. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.