Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bkself

4800x ultra not connecting

Have 2 Roku ultras on two tvs in different rooms. Both using cellular hotspot in a mountain area. Both connected and would show connected. One day one stopped connecting. Swapped Rokus to tvs and the same device wouldn’t connect. Both scan and find “excellent” signal network but only the one device connects. Reset phone and Roku and no change. Factory reset and no change. Secret menus reset everything and no change. Both devices get same usage and are same age (2yrs). Is there a way to verify which frequency the Roku is using 802.11 ?.?.?.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 4800x ultra not connecting

@Bkself 

On the working Roku Ultra, you can go to Settings/Network/About that will tell you which band you are using. (ch. 1-11 indicate 2.4 ghz band 802.11 b/g/n and ch. 36-165 indicate the 5ghz band 802.11 n/ac).

The Ultra devices are dual band and can connect to either the 2.4ghz or 5ghz band of your mobile hotspot.

On the non-working Ultra, since you factory reset it and it won't connect to the network, you probably won't be able to look at the signal strength from the Wireless Hidden Screen.  For some reason, Roku removed the graphical antenna indicators which were helpful in examining if the antenna hardware was working. (Home 5x, up, down, up, down, up).

Sounds like you may just have a failed/defective device though.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Bkself

After all the resets and two days of trying things I changed my hotspot password on my phone and then used the new password and magically it started working. Makes no sense. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Bkself 

Changing the password does reportedly work when some Roku devices have difficulty connecting to the network, but this is the first instance I have seen regarding the Ultra (especially when another Ultra is working on the same network).

Generally will also throw a 14.40 error code.

Either way. good to see back up and running and reporting back.  👍

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.