Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
studlum

hey roku and smartthings or other smart devices

Jump to solution

Can "hey roku" commands work with smart devices?  

I'd like to replace an amazon fire cube with a roku ultra.   I know Roku is much better for streaming and interface, but can you ask it to do other things?  Does it integrate with a smartthings hub?  

I have several smart devices in my house.  Some are not wifi, such as zigbee and z-wave, and require a smart hub.  

Can custom apps take advantage of "hey roku" commands?  I'm a software developer and may look into that if I have to.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: hey roku and smartthings or other smart devices

Jump to solution

The Roku Smart Home channel/app only lets you view a camera.  You can say, "Hey Roku, launch Smart Home", but that's the entire extent of Roku integration with smart devices at this time.  Looking at it the other way around, I have a few Echo devices and they integrate with Roku smart home devices and all the other multitude of smart devices I have.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: hey roku and smartthings or other smart devices

Jump to solution

The Roku Smart Home channel/app only lets you view a camera.  You can say, "Hey Roku, launch Smart Home", but that's the entire extent of Roku integration with smart devices at this time.  Looking at it the other way around, I have a few Echo devices and they integrate with Roku smart home devices and all the other multitude of smart devices I have.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos