Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brutta
Channel Surfer

Roku Smart Home replacement parts

Jump to solution

My question finally: I need to move another camera but there is no plug nearby.  Where can I find extension power cords for Roku smart home cameras and/or other devices ?  I can't find the connection specifications anywhere ? And are replacement parts available for any device ?

I have a dozen smart plugs, 4 smart bulbs and 3 cameras. All running on an eero dual band mesh network.

The external SE camera with floodlights is very sensitive to even small insects, leaves and debris flying past its sensor; I'm working on tweaking it.  It overseas my back yard for varmints; squirrels, raccoons and the occasional black bear. So I'd like to see smart detection other than car, person, package.  My recordings often show nothing but are designated 'motion'. 

In submitting a video, I can only designate vehicle, person, package or nothing. There are other critters out there folks.

A highlight on the captured video of where the motion is detected would be helpful

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Home replacement parts

Jump to solution

Hello @brutta 

Thanks for posting in the Community regarding your inquiries while using your Roku Smart Home camera.

• If you need a longer power cord, you can purchase a normal extended power cable or a USB extension cable. You can find a Roku power adaptor with an extender cable on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-power-adaptor-with-extender-cable
  • In regards to the Roku Smart Home Outdoor Camera sensitivity, it sounds like you are using Smart Detection. Can you verify that pet is unchecked in the Smart Detection settings? If so, can you submit the video with what it was actually detecting? This can be done while viewing the the video. Please be aware that we are always striving to provide better service and submitting what is wrong will make future detection better.
  • Lastly in order to enable a highlight on a captured video where motion is detected, you can enable this feature by turning on motion tracking within the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

We hope these suggestions assist you with providing a better experience with your Roku Smart Home devices. If you need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @brutta 

Thanks for posting in the Community regarding your inquiries while using your Roku Smart Home camera.

• If you need a longer power cord, you can purchase a normal extended power cable or a USB extension cable. You can find a Roku power adaptor with an extender cable on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-power-adaptor-with-extender-cable
  • In regards to the Roku Smart Home Outdoor Camera sensitivity, it sounds like you are using Smart Detection. Can you verify that pet is unchecked in the Smart Detection settings? If so, can you submit the video with what it was actually detecting? This can be done while viewing the the video. Please be aware that we are always striving to provide better service and submitting what is wrong will make future detection better.
  • Lastly in order to enable a highlight on a captured video where motion is detected, you can enable this feature by turning on motion tracking within the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

We hope these suggestions assist you with providing a better experience with your Roku Smart Home devices. If you need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RevDM1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I got a 46’ usb extension cord from Amazon. Works perfectly 

0 Kudos