Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Smart Home Camera - "Are you still watching?" question

Jump to solution

I get the same if not more ANNOYING message Are you still watching? I keep my Roku cam plugged in to keep it charged, and it STILL asks the "ARE WE THERE YET?" annoying question. I'm switching over to the Wyze OG outdoor, which I haven't figured out how to add to my other devices, but at least it doesn't ask that annoying question!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Home Camera - "Are you still watching?" question

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Ryanmcb7!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance regarding the "Are you still watching" message that is being prompted on your TV.

In this case, if you are live streaming your camera through your TV, kindly disable the bandwidth saver to keep on streaming without interruptions by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Network > bandwidth saver > Off.

Furthermore, it will make no difference if your camera is constantly plugged in as this is required for the wired Roku Smart Home cameras to power on. 

Let us know if you have further clarification or are in need of any assistance as we would be more than happy to continue doing so. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ryanmcb7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does this differ if the camera is a plug in camera that is constantly powered? Would it then be able to stream constantly? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Ryanmcb7!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance regarding the "Are you still watching" message that is being prompted on your TV.

In this case, if you are live streaming your camera through your TV, kindly disable the bandwidth saver to keep on streaming without interruptions by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Network > bandwidth saver > Off.

Furthermore, it will make no difference if your camera is constantly plugged in as this is required for the wired Roku Smart Home cameras to power on. 

Let us know if you have further clarification or are in need of any assistance as we would be more than happy to continue doing so. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos