Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVincent

Roku Camera playback issues

My roku outdoor wired cameras will randomly not let me play back videos and will only show pictures, I have a subscription. Say it records 10 motion events. It may play 6 of them but then 4 of them will not play the video and only shows a picture. It’s very frustrating because I’ve had times I’ve needed to see who had came by the house and the camera would do this. I love the roku cameras but if I can’t figure this out then I’m going to have to switch to another brand. Please help! Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Camera playback issues

Greetings @CVincent 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home video playbacks.

The issue you are experiencing is possibly due to connectivity issues. How far is your Roku Smart Home Wired Outdoor Camera from your wireless network router? If you go into Camera > Settings > Device info > Signal strength, how strong is the signal?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos